Saturday, March 16, 2013

...and only 3 weeks to go!

Couldn't sleep. I have been processing ALOT lately. So I thought I'd catch up with the old blogeroo.

The end is in sight! This is simply amazing to me, because I cannot remember what it's like to NOT be pregnant. 9 months is a long time! But, for good reason. All of your emotional, mental, and physical ducks have to get in a row. So, I am thankful to have had that time to process what a change this will be.

Justin and I are ready. Every day that passes allows me to move away from the denial I've been feeling and embrace the excitement of having a new little life in our lives. I suppose the change of lifestyle was truly daunting! But sweet friends around me have reminded me that the joys of motherhood outweigh the spit up, sleep deprivation, and spontaneity of a young married life. I'm grateful for their words of encouragement and Justin's willingness to listen to me when I've had my freak-out moments. :)

The nursery is done and functional. I meet with my midwife for the last time this week before I see her in labor. Everything is going well with my body and the baby. Even though I'm exhausted like crazy, am sick of eating (imagine that...) and have occasional hip pain, I still have nothing to complain about. I'm STOKED that this pregnancy went as well as it did. It's a blessing from the Lord!!! Our only prayer now is that our little   boy is healthy, and that we have a safe delivery. To see Justin become a daddy is probably my other most favorite part of all of this. What a team mate God gave me! And I'm super glad he will keep me laughing during labor.

Going to rest in the new excitement God gave me last night. Glad that He is my source of joy and that everything else is like really good cake icing. Mmmm, cake...



1 comment:

  1. Bless you, Justin and your little bundle of joy-to be. I am so happy for you guys. You will probably find these next 3 weeks to seem longer than the previous 9 months! lol Rest as much as you can before he arrives because that's when the real fun begins. Can't wait to see pics. Love you guys!

    Corinne

    ReplyDelete