Monday, October 15, 2012

15 weeks!

The pregnancy insomnia monster has struck. I've been sleeping so hard the last few months that this seems uncanny to me. Achy back, rumbly tummy, and mind spinning all make for a bad night's sleep.

My 15 week mark has hit. This is going by really fast and really slow at the same time. It's safe to say that I'm officially starting to show. Any pictures I've taken until now just looked like crazy bloat, so I won't be cataloguing those. I wish we would have been better about documenting weekly pictures, but from here on out I will...now that I have a 'goomba,' as Justin likes to call it.

It sure is an exciting time for Justin and me. Knowing these next 5 1/2 months (that's it??!!) are the last we'll have as just the two of us is CRAZY. Since I was 15, it's been just the two of us...in our adorable, lovesick little bubble. Crap be getting real! I look around, and seriously wonder where the time went. We're grown-ups, with a house and pets, and are gonna be parents. I'm just not sure when it will feel real! God is good.

I've started looking at what types of things we'd might want for the nursery and that has been fun to go online "shopping." Hoping not to be overwhelmed once I go in-store to revise my master list. Prayers will be appreciated. (only half kidding...)

I'm really looking forward to meeting whoever is growing inside me. First, I'll settle for finding out if it's a boy or girl. Only a few more weeks until we find out! This does put a temporary damper on planning purposes. Then, I'd like to be sure I've felt him/her move in there. Pretty sure I've felt it, but it's a real bummer when you can't tell the difference between your unborn and digestion.

All sarcasm aside, thanks to everyone who is feeling joy with us. It's been a real blessing to know others are sharing in our excitement! :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your sleeping issues, I'll be praying for you!

    On a side note, I have this crazy feeling you're gunna have a boy. I'll see what happens! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep dreaming girl! haha Yes, soon we will see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo I guessed right!!! Either way I'm so happy for you guys! Big hug to you both!

    ReplyDelete