Monday, December 17, 2012

16 weeks to go!

Today marks 24 weeks of pregnancy. Justin and I are looking at about 16 weeks until life really gets cray cray. We're enjoying every moment. Not stressing too much about getting everything done. I'll be done working in mid-February. And I'm sure that will give me enough time to make adjustments to the nursery, shopping, etc. It does seem to be going fairly quickly!

Latest news is that we're having a BOY!! Could not be more thrilled. We could have sworn it was a girl, so it was the ultimate awesome surprise to find out a little man was coming our way. He's given his mommy the easiest pregnancy ever, so I could not be more happy about that. And for all of those wondering if we have a name picked out...we're keeping his name a secret until his birthday! :)

I really love my job, so in a way I'll be sad to say goodbye. But it's been a great chapter and it's a great addition to my resume. Having special forces soldiers for students has been hilarious and a bit challenging (you can't write a tough guy's name on the board to give him a warning...). But, I've made great connections with other instructors and God knew it would be another piece in his giant puzzle of a plan for me. I feel blessed. And after taking some very important time to be a full-time wife and mommy, I know I will be in a classroom again one day.

Justin got a promotion a few weeks ago, and now has a permanent Systems Engineer position at ISS. He loves his job and coworkers. I feel thankful that he feels fulfilled and respected in a job he really likes. He feels pretty blessed, too.

Justin's mom, brother, and one of his sisters are coming to spend Christmas with us. We look forward to a fun time relaxing with everyone in our jammies. Showing them around Colorado Springs will be great fun too!

So here's to the time between now and April 8th (or somewhere around there, since only 4-5% of babies come on their due date). We can't wait to meet our little guy, and then introduce him to everyone else! The joy and support we feel with his arrival is exploding compared to the joy we felt on our wedding day! It's pretty spectacular to see how love multiplies. God is good!








No comments:

Post a Comment